If you are on the low FODMAP diet then there is no need to miss out on your favourite festive food this year. I have been playing around in the kitchen to bring you this low FODMAP stuffing.
Is Stuffing Low FODMAP?
Stuffing is not normally low FODMAP.
When made traditionally, stuffing contains a base of garlic, onion and bread. Added to this comes variations of dried fruit and processed meats which contain further sources of FODMAPs.
So please do not upset your gut this year by having traditional stuffing.
How To Make Stuffing low FODMAP
You may be finding the low FODMAP diet overwhelming.
One of the ways I get clients to manage their diet with ease is to think of switches rather than whole new foods. And, this is exactly what I did in this instance.
Low FODMAP Switches
- Bread – wheat free bread
- Onion – low FODMAP stock
Low FODMAP Stuffing Recipe
- 200g Schar Gluten Free Bread
- 1 x vegetable Massel low FODMAP stock cube
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of dried rosemary
- 2 x eggs
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
How To Make low FODMAP Stuffing Recipe
- Turn the oven on to 177 degrees C.
- Cut up the bread into chunks and spread across the base of a baking tray.
- Pour over the wet ingredients.
- Sprinkle over the dry ingredients.
- Gently mix.
- Bake in the oven covered in tin foil for around 20 minutes.
- Remove the tin foil and bake for a further 10 minutes (or until the top is golden).
How To Create a Low FODMAP Christmas Dinner
If you are wanting to make an entire low FODMAP Christmas dinner then why not check out my other post .
This post goes over every element of making your special dinner gut friendly!