Sensitive, open minded, body positive, counselling approach. Adults age 16 plus. Video call from anywhere in the UK.
I am a registered Dietitian with over 25 years of NHS experience in a variety of roles. My main focus is on the psychology of eating and the role of eating in emotional and physical health in adults. I take an individual approach to each client, being very much focused on building self-esteem and independent decision making around food and health. I do not focus on providing specific diet plans, rather the knowledge, skills and support to optimise both physical and emotional health through diet.
The following is an example of some of the areas I work with. If you are not sure if I can work with you, please get in touch.
- Disordered eating – not including diagnosed, active, eating disorders where a team approach is recommended
- Support with emotional eating/ comfort eating/secret eating
- Support to build a more positive relationship with food without concern about weight loss or gain, no matter what your starting weight
- Weight management – not necessarily focussed on weight loss
- Health regardless of weight – optimizing health whatever your weight
- Worries and concerns about the way you are eating, the balance of your diet, how your diet may be impacting on your health
- Worries about managing multiple diets for multiple conditions
- Discussions about diets that you may have found online and are not sure if they are helpful/safe for your physical, medical or emotional health
- Support with special diets that may not be mainstream, but where you would like an experienced professional to support you to use them safely
- Optimizing nutrition through normal diet for chronic illness – especially m.e (myalgic encephalomyelitis), pots (postural tachycardia syndrome), not yet diagnosed symptoms
- Pre diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes – with a special interest in young type 2’s (under 40), self-efficacy and a full understanding of how to manage your diabetes
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
- Healthy eating
- PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome)
For anything else please message me and we can discuss if I am a match for your specific needs.