THE LONDON DIABETES DIETITIAN
Hello, my name is Chanda Pattni and I am The London Diabetes Dietitian.
As a registered dietitian (since 2003) my career has spanned both the NHS and private sector working in diabetes clinical practice, research and health promotion.
I am passionate about helping people with pre-diabetes (Impaired Fasting Glycaemia and Impaired Glucose Tolerance), Type 2 Diabetes and Type 1 Diabetes to manage their conditions and reduce the risk of developing long term complications.
The London Diabetes Dietitian was created to give people the tools to manage the impact of diabetes on their lives. I want to understand what your health and lifestyle goals are in order to provide you with tailored dietary advice and practical support which makes a real difference.
I translate nutrition science into understandable, practical information about food, allowing you to make appropriate lifestyle and food choices to prevent or manage diabetes by creating meaningful and effective dietary plans which you can follow for the rest of your life.
Training and Professional Development:
- Type 1 Diabetes Patient Education; DAFNE
- Type 2 Diabetes Patient Education; DESMOND, X-PERT and Conversation Maps
- Behavioral Change Skills; Levels 1 and 2
- Low FODMAP diets; Kings College London
Memberships and Registrations:
- Healthcare Professionals Council
- British Dietetic Association
- BDA Specialist Groups – Diabetes Group, Freelance Dietitians