I am Jonathan Sumner, I am a Registered Dietitian with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) and a member of the British Dietetic Association (BDA) with a keen interest to support people with Depression and to not let their mental health condition get in the way of reaching their goals!
There are lots of tips and recipes online how to improve your depression however these tips and recipes do not often take into account the WORST days of depression – where you are unable to leave your room at all or even muster the energy to make a meal.
I will meet you where you are at, judgement-free, and guide you with behaviour change skills to improve your diet and support mental health one-step at a time. You may not be at a point where you are ready to make dietary changes and that is ok, the time used with me can be me listening and understanding your story – Whatever it takes to help you move one step forward.
I provide focused dietary support on how to meet your dietary goals with depression.
These dietary goals include:
- Improving depression symptoms and energy levels with diet
- Weight loss and weight gain
- Improving IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) symptoms and management
- Type 2 Diabetes blood sugar management
- Cholesterol and high blood pressure management
- Sports Nutrition
- Article writing and blog post guest-writing