Ruth Kander has a BSc(Hons) degree in Nutrition and a Postgraduate diploma in Dietetics from Kings College London.
Ruth is a state registered dietitian, registered with the British Dietetic Association and the Health and Care Professions Council.
Ruth is a senior specialist kidney (renal) dietitian at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust. Ruth has been working in the NHS for 24 years.
Ruth has won the following awards;
1. July 2018 Winner of make a difference award for patient care, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust.
2. November 2017 Winner of make a difference award for patient care, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust.
3. September 2017 Winner of make a difference award for patient care, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust.
4. January 2013 Contribution to achievement of the full Monty award at Cambian Health Churchill house.
5. December 2012 Winner of commitment to patient care, I appreciate by Dialysis nurse manager Northwick Park Dialysis unit.
6. April 2012 Joint winner of the BDA Elizabeth Washington Award for a national nutrition E-learning module for F1 junior doctors.
7. June 2003 Joint winner of BDA award to the formulation of a renal nurse education pack.
Ruth has lectured at University
Imperial college; The medical course and Gastroenterology BSc
Kings College London; Nutrition and Dietetics courses
London Metropolitan University; Nutrition and Dietetics course
Surrey University; Nutrition masters course
Ruth has been involved with communal work
Help local schools with career advice (dietetics).
Education of local school children and teenagers on nutrition and health.
Clinical governance advice to a local care home for older adults.
Community talks on health and healthy eating.
HMR medicines overweight project
The island with Bear Grills provision of advice to the programme production team.Mutiny programme recreation of a mutiny on the bounty and provision of nutrition advice.