Healthy, West African & Wise™ is the first ever diet and lifestyle book written specifically for people of West African origin, and provides tailored solutions to the diet- and lifestyle-related health issues facing them today.
Written by an expert in the field of nutrition and health, this unique book shares important information about:
– Why chronic health conditions like diabetes, obesity and hypertension are becoming increasingly common in people of West African origin.
– How to prevent and manage these health conditions.
– Healthy tips for cooking the foods you love and enjoy, and advice for healthy and savvy shopping.
– How to avoid cultural stumbling blocks to good health.
– Making healthier choices when eating out – no matter the cuisine.
– Practical steps for overcoming barriers to being physically active.
– Sample recipes with nutritional analysis.
– Portion size guides for West African foods…and much, much more.